The Liebster Award (and a collection of running blogs to check out)
I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Amanda at The Oilfield Mom Survival Guide. It is always wonderful to know that others enjoy what I have to share. Take a moment to drop in and check out her blog!
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
You thank the presenter who nominated you.
You link back to their blog.
You answer the 11 questions that you were asked by the aforementioned presenter.
You ask 11 of your own questions.
You nominate 11 small (200 or less followers) blogs, not including the one who nominated you.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions asked by Amanda:
1. What made you start to blog?
Originally, I began blogging years ago about my horses, chronicling their training and my adventures with them. Now, I use my blog as a way to chronicle some of my own training, journal about my life, and connect with the running community.
2. What inspired you to choose your blog title?
I wanted a title that was adaptable to all the phases of my life, but also clearly states that I am a runner.
3. What is your favorite movie?
I actually just watched it last night (for the umpteen-hundredth time) – Pride & Prejudice
4. If you had to choose one song that describes your life, which would you choose and why?
The song that immediately pops into my head is “It’s My Life” by BonJovi. So many people go through life without LIVING, and that is far from who I am. I embrace life, live it to the fullest, do the things that scare the crap out of me, and find the good in every moment, even the painful ones.
5. What were your New Year resolutions this year, and have you broken any yet?
I don’t do resolutions. For one, statistics show that most people don’t stick to them, so what’s the point? Really and truly, it takes something more than the simple changing of the calendar to create the motivation necessary to stick to a goal. Now, I will say this: I did get back to running back in November and I signed up for a marathon and a half marathon. I’m 10 weeks from my first “back to it” run, and I’m rocking along steady as she goes, right on track.
6. What is your current desktop background?
My desktop is an old machine that hasn’t even been plugged into the wall in two years. I THINK the background is of my friend’s (was mine at the time) Spotted Saddlehorse drinking from the pond, the water reflecting her image beautifully. My laptop background (and my iPhone) is of my daughter, at 3 months old, covered in frills, laying in her Daddy’s guitar case. It is absolutely ADORABLE.
7. What is the last thing you ate?
Homemade broccoli soup cooked up by my incredible husband!
8. Name three items that are within your reach, without having to get up or move.
My water cup, phone charger, and a trash can
9. Coke or Pepsi?
I used to be such a big Pepsi fan, I named my horse Pepsi. Anymore, it makes me a bit sick to have that much sugar. For the most part, I’m accustomed to eating healthy and avoiding sugary, processed foods and drinks. Even so, on very rare occasions I do give in to temptation and drink a Coke or Pepsi. I always crash afterwards.
10. Are you very open or very private?
Both. I’m an open book and will tell you pretty much anything you want to know about me, but socializing drains me and I’m a bit of a hermit/homebody.
11. If money was no object, what would you buy right now?
A house in the South of France. My aunt and cousins have a beekeeping/honey business in Cucugnan and I would love to be able to buy a house there and have them operate it as a Bed-and-Breakfast. Then, when I retire I would live part of every year in France.
Ok, now it’s my turn to ask questions! Being that my blog is mostly about running, I chose to nominate other runners and to keep the questions mostly about running (just my own little twist). So, here we go…
1. What motivated you to start running?
2. What keeps you going?
3. Why do you blog about it?
4. Who is your greatest supporter (besides your mom!)?
5. What are the first 5 songs on your favorite playlist?
6. What is the longest distance you’ve ever run? The longest you hope to run?
7. What is the most important lesson running has taught you?
8. What are your favorite running shoes?
9. How do you like to fuel a long run/race?
10. What does recovery look like for you?
11.If you could do any destination race in the world, all expenses paid, what would it be?
Because I’m not hip to what the cool kids are doing and don’t know how to tell how many followers a blog has, I’m nominating some blogs that I’m pretty sure have a big following… if they don’t, they should!
And the well deserving (15, because I’m an over-achiever like that) nominees are:
6. Q Runs
11. Best Race Signs
15. 2 Cups ‘N Run
I hope you get the chance to check them out!