Fantastic Friday: 10 Things I Love About Winter
Ten things I love about Winter …because sometimes I need a reminder.
10. Soft, fuzzy socks & pj’s
9. Curling up in a ball under a warm heavy blanket on the couch
8. Soups & chili – The ultimate Winter comfort food. Sure you can eat ’em during Summer, but who wants to?
7. I love when I look out the window and see a big, fat Cardinal perched on a branch. Amidst the dreary landscape, that bright pop of color just livens up the moment.
6. The warmth from a steaming hot cup of coffee in my hands (even better if it’s Starbucks…. Even greater still is if I’m in Seattle at Starbucks). This is something I enjoy year-round, but the pleasure is heightened during the cold of Winter.
5. Wearing layers. I don’t get to dress up often, but when I do it’s fun to play with layers. Summer is too hot to really get to do this, unless I want to pass out from a heat stroke. While Spring & Fall allow for layers, it still tends to be a bit warm for it. Winter, however, is perfect for it!
4. Winter is the time for feasting. From Holiday parties to simply warming the house while baking goodies for family and friends, Winter is the time to eat, drink, and be merry!
3. Snow. We don’t get much of it, so it really is a novelty that I can’t get enough of. A few weeks ago, I went on an EARLY morning 4 mile run before work and my little world was covered in snow and ice, sparkling like diamonds under a full moon. It was absolutely enchanting.
2.FIRE. I LOVE FIRE. There is nothing more comforting than cozying up to a crackling fire on a cold day.
1. It’s so much easier for me to run in the cold. I want to stay warm, so…. I RUN. Training is easier for me to stick to when I know I can run at anytime day or night since I don’t have heat advisories to work around. This is why I scheduled my first marathon for Spring – I set myself up for success, knowing I would stick to my training plan through Winter.
So, there you have it – a few of my favorite things about Winter. What do you love most about Winter?
Posted on February 7, 2014, in Running and tagged 10 Things I Love, birds, cardinal, chili, coffee, eating, feasting, fire, layers, lazy, parties, red, snow, soup, Starbucks, Winter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.