This past weekend I decided to make a smoothie with RecoveryBits to help ward off another round of impending sickness. Baby Girl had a snotty nose and a cough, and The Hubster wasn’t feeling 100%. I was feeling good, and wanted to keep it that way.
Baby Girl isn’t quite yet 11 months old, and though she does have several teeth and eats pretty much EVERYTHING, I was nervous that she might choke on the algae bits, due to their size. So, I decided a smoothie would be the best way to get them in her and I ransacked the kitchen for some tasty ingredients. I came up with what you see above.
Happy Mama #PoweredWithBits Smoothie
30 RecoveryBits (or EnergyBits) algae bits
1/2 cup Organic Carrot Juice
1/2 cup Almond Coconut Milk
Pulse in blender. ENJOY!
Baby Girl enjoyed it!
I enjoyed it!
Hubster didn’t even taste it.
Can you guess what happened?
Baby Girl and I have been as healthy as horses all week. Poor Hubster has been down for the count, terribly sick all week.
Now, I’m not into Snake Oil and such, and I’m not saying taking the bits would’ve prevented him from getting sick. There are many factors that lead to illness. He comes into contact with many more people in a day than I, which puts him at greater exposure to pathogens and viruses. His job is more stressful than mine, which leads to a depressed immune system. Improvements in diet and exercise can help to overcome those stressors, though, and this is where I believe ENERGYbits and RECOVERYbits play a role.
So, here we are at the end of the week and my #PoweredWithBits Smoothie of the Day is slightly modified. I had no bananas, so that didn’t make it into today’s recipe. I did have organic cherry juice, and I love the tart kick that it adds! Baby Girl really loved this one, too. She gulped down a half of a sippy cup (without the lid… it’s too thick for the lid) at once!
#PoweredWithBits Happy Baby Smoothie
30-40 RECOVERYbits (or ENERGYbits)
1 cup Organic Carrot Juice
1 cup Organic Cherry Juice
1 cup Almond Coconut Milk
Pulse in blender. Pour into Mason jar for an on-the-go treat! Pour some into a sippy cup for the baby and watch her SMILE!
Want to give ENERGYbits a try? Checkout my giveaway for a chance to win an ENERGYbits sample, a PocketFuel sample, and a SpiBelt!
The following are a few tips on the importance of drinking water that were handed down to us at work this week:
1. Fluid Balance: 60% of the body is composed of water. Water is crucial in transporting nutrients through the body, regulating body temperature, digesting food, and keeping the body on track.
2. Calorie Control: Numerous studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing a few pounds. Water helps one to feel full and, therefore, consume fewer calories. Replacing sodas with water also aids in weight loss.
3. Clearer Skin: Water targets and flushes out the toxins that cause skin to inflame, aiding in the prevention of acne and clogged pores.
4. Pain Prevention: Aching joints and muscle cramps and strains can all occur if the body is dehydrated. Drinking more water can help to both relieve and prevent pain.
5. Sickness Fighter: Water fights decongestion and dehydration, helping the body bounce back when feeling under the weather.